Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No one is safe.

Yep. I finally got my permit after an extremely long period of inconvenience, travel, and procrastination. I only missed one question on the test, but I have only ever driven a few times and have been known to be easily distracted. Also, I may or may not hunt you down in the car.

So this is the story of how I got my permit:
I woke up this morning fairly late, having spent the past few days with my little cousins (again), and they like to walk loudly through the room while I'm sleeping because they're not allowed to make obvious efforts to wake me up. As soon as I woke up, my mom was all "Good morning! Ready to get your learner's?" and I smiled and accepted my fate. After breakfast, we went to the driver's license place, where I have been before because I had to get an ID to go to New York. We almost had to leave because there were no parking spaces, but one opened up about two seconds before we left. We went in, filled out a form, and sat down.
The building used to be a train station, which is pretty cool, but the wait was uncomfortable because a)I had a summer reading book and was leaning over to read it so I could mark it, b)I live in a somewhat sketchy town with somewhat sketchy people, and this place had a nice sample of said people, and c)we sat there for well over an hour as they called out numbers with seemingly no system. Then we stood there forever while my identification was sorted out and I had to test my eyes with a machine that did not want to show me anything by reading the numbers in line A (the choices of lines being 1, 2, and 3). And I had to repeat it a few times because apparently I'm super quiet (not because I can't be loud, but because I don't like screaming at people). Then I got my picture taken, had to have it retaken later because the original license said I wore glasses, which I don't, and took the test.
Then we left and ate lunch at a restaurant that, despite downtown being a sad, pointless shell of a place, was really good, but was so filling that I had to force myself not to look at, think about, or touch the food after eating about half so as to not explode.
And now I have a permit and you should stay safely inside from now on. The end.

I have some pictures and stuff, but I'll post them tomorrow or sometime because it's late(ish) and I have to get up for riding in the morning.

Look out for zombies. *salute*
-Xenon

No comments:

Post a Comment