Sunday, July 31, 2011

Band Nerdiness

So. Greetings, my human (or otherwise) readers. Who here knows DCI? It stands for Drum Corps International, and it's pretty much professional marching band. They performed in Atlanta last night, so a lot of people from my school's band went to watch. It was AMAZING. The marching, music, colorguard, and everything else was awesome, and I got to try on a crazy green headdress from one of the colorguard costumes. And then I had glitter all over my face. It was also really fun because we're bandies, and therefore awesome. Point being, DCI is definitely something you want to see.

Speaking of things you want to see, I saw Cowboys and Aliens today, and it was really cool. Classic Western stuff like horses, gunfights, etc, mixed with crazy alien technology that kinda reminded me of Portal. Yeah. Go see it.

And the last thing I'll say before I go, since I really don't have much to say today, is that I'm in the process of making a GLaDOS costume for DragonCon. :D Most of it isn't ready enough to show you people, but I can show you the personality core necklace I made for it:
Wood beads, white spray paint, Sharpie, and white ribbon. Also, if you feel like making anything with Sharpie, don't use clear spray paint afterwards. I had to completely redo Anger and Logic because it ran so much. Curiosity and Morality were okay, but the lines on the back of Curiosity and the edge of Morality's eye are a little blurry. It still turned out pretty good considering I've never drawn on a round surface before. It's harder than you think. The other things I made with the remaining beads were a string of crazy faces and the dragon balls. I'm planning on making Wheatley, Space, Facts, and Adventure later, but they require more effort because of the spray paint.

That's everything. Comment if you want, but it still won't let me reply.
-Xenon

No comments:

Post a Comment