Monday, December 13, 2010

Southern Winters are AWESOME!

Here where I am (sorry stalkers, not saying where), we hardly ever get winter. We had snow the past 2 years and flurries this morning, but it's mainly just around freezing and with enough wind to make it feel like well below that (and crystal clear blue skies). Seriously, the only two reasons I tolerate winter are Christmas and hot chocolate. And I kinda like warm clothes too. So while my uncle has been iced in for a few days last I heard, I'm down here hoping the flurries will turn into legit snowfall. The kittens in my backyard (4 of them! Adorable!) are freezing because we can't let them in-we already have 2 cats and a dog and I like not having mayhem or the danger of running into an animal every 5 seconds. And while they freeze, I'm not too comfortable inside, either. It feels a lot colder when you wake up at 6:45 and have to get up out of the nice warm bed and go to school. So yeah. Come on, Christmas. And here are some pictures from when it was warm to cheer you up.
That's my dog at our lakehouse a couple of summers ago. Her name is Turtle B. Burtle, aka Bootle. (I was 4 when I named her, don't ask) She's sitting behind me right now, actually. *pats* Good dog.
And here's a classic clear-water-palm-tree beach picture. I don't know where it came from, if you know, tell me. Looks nice, huh?

...maybe I'm torturing you a bit with these, huh? So here are some festive holiday things!

I don't even pretend to know. But this is my personal favorite holiday card, you'll find it in a lot of my internet corners. I found it on Yourargumentisinvalid.com (which you really should visit, it's awesome).

Now for some more... traditional... holiday stuff:
Look at how nice that looks! I wish I got that here...
And here's a pretty Christmas tree. So festive.

Well, on that note I should leave to get ready for... *shivers* SWIMMING. I know, right?! Laterz.

No comments:

Post a Comment