Saturday, June 23, 2012

This post is about stuff happening.

Not sure if blog has a theme, or I'm just unoriginal.

Today was a day of adventures.

Adventure #1: I went to riding this morning, rode my teacher's mare, Lily, who I enjoy despite her being hard to get used to. After that, I got Jack because he was galloping around the pasture and freaking out (I'm not the only one who has spastic boredom, apparently). I think that previous statement probably sounds strange and idiotic to non-horse people, but Jack isn't a particularly dangerous horse.
Anyway, I got into the ring at the same time as my friend's mom did with her horse, Diamond. We found a bird's nest full of eggs next to the overturned mounting block, so in order to spare the eggs and not give the mother bird a panic attack, we mounted from the ground. Jack, being the nice horse he is, allowed me to do this and walked calmly to the rail. Diamond, however, freaked out as soon as his rider hit the saddle, jumped, cantered away, bucked several times, and threw her off. (He hadn't been ridden for a while and something might have pinched him, but I'm not sure what exactly happened.) I went to see if his rider was okay, as she's a nice person and it's generally not cool to leave someone lying in the middle of the ring. Something had scraped her face and she was kind of out of it, which gave the impression that she was going to die. I went to get my teacher, who came to the ring with two of my friends and two doctors who happened to be there watching their kids ride. Diamond was caught and untacked (he seemed to have no idea what he had done wrong), and Jack got to go back to his stall without a workout. Diamond's rider was okay aside from several bruises and a huge scrape, and she walked out of the barn on her own. I think she was going to go to the doctor to see if there's anything that needs to be checked, but the series of nice coincidences (wearing a helmet for the first time in forever, another rider in the ring on a bombproof horse, falling on the ground and not a jump, two doctors on hand, horse stayed away) were quite helpful. So, yeah, catastrophe, but not as much as it could have been.

Adventure #2 (don't worry, this is a fun adventure): My friend informed me a few days ago that she was going to kidnap me today (her words) and take me to an undisclosed location. This location turned out to be Barnes & Noble, which is always fun even though I've already been there in the past few days. We looked at graphic novels, discussed how awesome Avengers was, ate Starbucks pastries, and found some cool how-to-draw books. I usually don't get those anymore, as they're not extremely helpful, but I can't draw clothing or dragons yet. The clothing book ended up having endless Hetalia references, which was awesome as my friend and I are both huge Hetalia fans. Two examples of said references:


You tell me those are not drawings of Romano and Prussia. There were a lot more of other countries, too.

I also got a set of brush markers, recommended by my friend, and a book of "modern poetry," which was actually a bunch of stupid celebrity quotes with introductions and everything talking about how it was a beautiful work of art. But then it was late, so we went back to our respective residences.

Other stuff that has been happening lately:

I got on Cleverbot for the first time in a while. I didn't have many ideas, so I gave it my usual greeting (not even lying, this is my usual greeting) and this is what happened:

So I am apparently Cleverbot's master. *considers* ...Cool.

Also, I found this earlier and cracked up:

I think Captain America would be really conflicted if he met Alfred F. Jones America, considering the latter's blatant gluttony and obnoxiousness.
AND HEROIC ATTRACTIVENESS!

Sorry, America hacked my computer.

So. That's about all I have to say. Cats are still cool, dog still thinks she's a puppy, roaches still attacking my house, I'm still a nerd with considerably less of a life than most, I'm also still super awesome. You know, normality.

Except not, because I'm not a normal person. See, I'm creepily smiling at the screen right now, which normal people don't do while blogging.

Anyway. We're done here.

Don't make lemonade.
-Xenon

No comments:

Post a Comment