Friday, April 13, 2012

The weekend! Rest! Sort of.

I love Fridays. And days without classes. And today was both.

Basically, the school decided that not only should we have the Monday after spring break off, we should also have that Friday be 'Spring Fling' (read: Pointless Vaguely Easter-Related Activity Day). We played capture the flag for a while, watched a magician do stuff involving cards and bananas while we ate snacks, played Ultimate Frisbee, and did a bunch of team exercises including:
Standing in a circle, holding hands with two random people, and attempting to untangle.


Putting on blindfolds and attempting to make shapes with a circle of rope.


Standing in a circle and figuring out how to remain in a position with only our hands touching the ground for seven seconds.


Standing on a tarp and flipping it over without stepping off.


In other words, it was interesting. I'm not good at group work.
My dog just tried to stand up while shaking her head and fell back down. Don't worry, she was on her bed and just derped instead of hurting herself.

On another subject, I believe that if I were a small child (more so than I am now), I would be mortally terrified of my original room/construction site/piano room. Every time I go in there, there are several dead or dying insects and I can hear something moving in the attic sometimes. It likes the song "Still Alive." I can tell because it starts making noise when I play it, but it doesn't react much to the various anime themes and Jonathan Coulton songs I know. Did I mention that I am beast at piano?
Lawl, not really. But I do know several nerdy songs.
My cat was in the room earlier today and kept appearing randomly while exploring the attic. At one point, he was directly over my head on some beams, but he moved instead of falling down and causing a disaster. He gets recognition for that.


I'm most likely going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow. Yeah, I know, saving money and stuff. But I want manga and the Internet is not offering it conveniently, as I've said before. Plus, I'm not good at willpower where cool reading material is involved. Don't judge me.

And that's it for my coherent thoughts today.
I wish you the merriest of merry merriment.
-Xenon

4 comments: