Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nostalgiafest and horror movie marathons.

I was remembering some stuff today, and one of the things was the time I went with some friends to my lake house and watched horror movies. The people who could come were a friend from riding, a school friend, my friend that I've known since I was little (who doesn't like horror movies but came anyway), and myself. We left from the barn one Saturday after riding my cousin's stubborn horse, Orion, and set off.


Our original destination, which is in the middle of the country, had a random power outage which caused us to relocate to the lake house. There, we began trying the movies we had. The first one was more about a cop investigating rape than a horror movie, so we switched to Candyman.
We loved it. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a fairly cheesy but quite entertaining movie about these two women named Helen and Bernadet doing a report on an urban legend (if you say "Candyman" five times into a mirror, he kills you). Chaos, bees, ghost killers with hooks for hands, and fire follows.

I wasn't too scared by the movie itself, but halfway through I saw a roach and left. Roaches are my one fear, and I despise them greatly.


So I went and listened to music with my friend who doesn't like scary movies.




The next day, we all swam in clothes due to the fact that our original plan did not include a lake. We also drank a crap ton of cream soda (basically carbonated sugar water and the best drink ever if you're not actually thirsty), and walked to a big rock. And then one of my other friends, who wasn't there because he is male, downloaded Candyman to his iPod and we all watched it until it was more comedy than horror. The end.



MEOOOOOOOW.
-Xenon

1 comment:

  1. If you are the candy man, then I have nothing to worry about! ;)

    ReplyDelete