Wednesday, February 22, 2012

People are confusing.

I was thinking about this for some reason, and I have come up with several reasons why I tend to read/anything else rather than talk to most people (my friends and certain other awesome people excluded).

-If I'm sitting around quietly reading a book or thinking about something, people assume I'm angry or sad. However, if I tilt my head creepily sideways and grin like a maniac, they have much less of a reaction. Neither is an attempt to get attention (if you take that to mean that I enjoy tilting my head creepily sideways and grinning like a maniac, you win), but still.

-This doesn't happen much now, but random people in my class used to act really super nice to me for no apparent reason. That is, until I tried to join their conversation. This usually ended with my being mysteriously shunned. What exactly were you trying to do there...?

-Another thing that used to happen: People would say "Hey, you're, like, smart and stuff. [insert comment here]!" and later talk to me as though I couldn't understand normal speech.

-The people who need to shut up the most are those who never do. The same goes for are mean/irritating and assume everyone likes them.

-There is no possible way to treat the opposite gender without someone thinking you need to date.

-Normal people are far less entertaining than the forms of entertainment I can come up with for myself.

-Where exactly is the line for kind of knowing someone and being friends with them? The opposite of where you think it is, apparently.

-This is becoming another social awkwardness rant, isn't it? No. It's not. That's just what you think. *mysterious hand motions/flailing*
*dead serious face*

Meh, I don't like this post much. I think it's annoying. I'm posting it anyway, and maybe I'll change it to make it less annoying later on.

I KNOW WHERE YOU SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP...
-Xenon

1 comment: