Monday, January 16, 2012

The Loss of my Alias

No no, silly readers, I'm not leaving the name Xenon behind. That name is about as awesome as a noble gas can be. I'm talking about my phone, which happens to be called an Alias and is therefore cool despite being 3 years old. My phone opens two ways. YOU TELL ME THAT'S NOT COOL.

But anyway, after so long with this phone, it has finally stopped working correctly and I had to replace it today. My new phone is pretty cool, if you care, but this post isn't about it. It's about the Alias.

My first reason for replacing it is that my old phone had a ridiculously long intro that played every time I turned it on, and it was impossible to skip.


Despite this, I stuck with the phone for a while. It got washed one summer and, after sitting in rice for a while, valiantly continued to serve me whenever I chose to use it (admittedly an infrequent thing). It survived crashing to the ground multiple times when I tossed it up and down over and over only to drop it when I stepped onto the concrete. It never once glitched or died during a conversation. Its voicemail sucked, but I'm willing to blame my own laziness in checking it for that. But recently, it finally started slowing down. Its charge ran out ridiculously fast, and I couldn't use it without a charger nearby.


And so we went to the Verizon store today to replace the battery, but it was so old that it was more convenient to replace it than to specially order a battery for a phone that isn't made anymore.

So now I may or may not have to re-enter all of my contacts and pictures. YAAAAAAAY!

That is all.
YOU LIKE BOOKS.
-Xenon

No comments:

Post a Comment