Sunday, January 15, 2012

Myself and studying do not mix.

So lately I've been trying to study at least sometimes so that I can be prepared for the real world, which apparently requires that you know things through studying and not just remembering. My studying usually involves a few dull minutes of reading notes, which are usually covered in doodles and therefore distracting, before I get bored and go do something cool. The part that sucks is that my mind is incapable of dealing with anything else happening while I study, so I can't make it more interesting. I've tried listening to music, but that usually turns out like this:


And air guitar, while fun, is not the best way to remember things.
Another failed attempt would be eating while studying:


The only thing that actually works is going outside, assuming it isn't windy, hot, or raining. I didn't include cold because cold where I live isn't even worth mentioning. But if it's nice, I'm capable of concentrating despite the cars constantly whooshing by. My brain defies logic.

Anyway, most of my study sessions end like this:


And then I go do something awesome like draw an epic dragon or hit inanimate objects with a sword or save the universe or spend the rest of the day online. And I usually get an A on the test anyway, so apparently I'm doing something right.

FIGHT THE SYSTEM.
-Xenon

No comments:

Post a Comment